Our Warden course equips Wardens and Emergency Control Organisation members (ECO) with the fundamental skills and knowledge needed for emergency situations.
Who should attend?
The Warden course is open to members of the public over the age of 18. There is no training prerequisite. The Wardens course is designed to assist you in the following emergency control and safety roles:
- Chief wardens
- Wardens and area wardens
- Emergency officers
- Fire safety officers
- Security staff
- Workplace health and safety managers and staff
- Members of an emergency control organisation
- Communication officers
On completion of the course, participants will
- Know how to respond to major incidents such as fire and bomb threats
- Have an understanding of emergency preparedness
- Manage their roles and responsibilities as emergency personnel
- Understand how to choose and use a fire extinguisher to extinguish fires
- Be confident in responding to emergency situations
Burnley Courses and Tailored On-Site Courses
Our Warden course is offered in two formats –
- Burnley Warden Course – a complete course that includes hands-on training with fire extinguishers, conducted at the FRV’s Burnley Training Facility
- Tailored On-Site Warden Course – delivered on your premises when you have a large group of attendees
The tailored on-site course is intended where you have a large group, typically 15 or more. FES’ trainer will attend your premises to conduct the course. The inclusion of fire extinguisher training is optional, and is dependent on there being a suitable safe space on your premises.
Upon completion of the course attendees will receive a certificate of attendance.
Course Duration: The Warden course is 3 hours. For tailored courses where fire extinguisher training is not conducted, the duration is 2 hours.
Our Warden course is structured in accordance with Australian Standards: Planning for Emergencies in Facilities (AS 3745-2010) and Planning for Emergencies in Health Care Facilities (AS 4083-2010). Course content includes:
- Principles of fire (including the fire triangle, heat transfer, extinguishing a fire)
- Identifying risks and hazards in the workplace
- Identifying and understanding fire fighting equipment in buildings
- Emergency evacuation assembly areas
- The roles and responsibilities of Emergency Control Organisation (ECO) personnel
- Evacuation procedures (including emergency procedures and standard fire orders)
- Correct techniques for the use of fire extinguishers
Our Warden courses also include the opportunity to extinguish fires in a safe and controlled environment, supervised by experienced firefighters.
Attendees should be dressed in comfortable clothes with solid footwear. Open-toe shoes or sandals are not suitable.
Book Your Warden Course
Fire Equipment Services is committed to community safety and protecting you and your assets as our highest priority. We are actively monitoring the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation, taking proactive steps and following official advice issued by the Victorian and Australian governments.
Resumption of Face-to-Face Training
FES are resuming the delivery of face-to-face training courses at client premises. Contact us today to register your interest and book your training needs.
As we return to a COVID-normal environment, there is a heavy demand for our trainers. For our existing customers who had courses delayed earlier in the year, we are prioritising your needs and giving you first opportunities for rebooking. All customers on our waiting lists should have received initial contact, but if you haven’t heard from us please contact us today – 1300 855 163.
Public Courses at the FRV Burnley Training College
The popular ‘Warden’, ‘Chief Warden’ and ‘Place of Public Entertaining Safety Officer’ courses will resume in 2021 – we do not have a specific date yet, as we finalise procedures to conduct the training in a COVID-safe way. Please contact us to register your interest, so that we can contact you when the course dates are set.
Online Course Delivery Option
To support the community through the COVID-19 pandemic, FES has established a number of warden safety courses that are delivered online. Our experienced trainers facilitate these courses using Zoom, enabling your team to participate in training from home. Contact us today to find out how we can tailor these courses to your specific needs.
Wardens and ECO members should complete the Warden Course every two years.
Disclaimer: FES Emergency Training courses are updated regularly to reflect changes in Australian Standards, improvements in training delivery and to include feedback from our customers. Due to these changes the course delivered to you by our trainers may differ from the description on this webpage. FES Emergency Training courses will always adhere to Australian Standards and building codes, and will always provide services to you with the intention of keeping you and the community safe.