Courses delivered by FRV firefighters
Which course is required
Wardens are an important part of any Emergency Control Organisation (ECO). Standard Wardens are led by Chief, and sometimes Deputy Chief, Wardens to coordinate evacuations, liaise with emergency services and generally maintain order during emergency situations.
These courses will pay particular attention to meeting the requirements of Australian Standard 3745–2010: Planning for emergencies in facilities and how it applies to all workplaces. Participants will have an understanding of emergency procedures and will undergo extensive practical drills on controlling workplace emergencies.
Which course to attend?
All potential wardens should attend a Warden Training course by FES. Chief Warden training is more extensive and assumes prior knowledge. As such, all participants at the Chief Warden training must first have attended and completed Warden training.
While it can be useful for all members of the ECO to attend Warden training, Chief Warden training is more focused for potential Chief and Deputy Chief wardens so your whole warden team do not need to attend.
Warden Course Content
The course is designed for staff in the role of warden in their workplace. This may include building wardens, fire safety officers or OHS officers.
The course is structured in accordance with Australian Standards: Planning for emergencies in facilities (AS 3745-2010) and Planning for emergencies – Health care facilities (AS 4083- 2010).
- Principles of fire (including the fire triangle, heat transfer, extinguishing a fire)
- Identifying risks and hazards in the workplace
- Identifying and understanding fire fighting equipment in buildings
- Emergency evacuation assembly areas
- The roles and responsibilities of Emergency Control Organisation (ECO) personnel
- Evacuation procedures (including emergency procedures and standard fire orders)
- Discussion of correct techniques for the use of fire extinguisher
- 26th February 2024 9am or 1pm
- 4th April 2024 9am or 1pm
- 2nd May 2024 9am or 1pm
- 3rd June 2024 9am or 1pm
- 25th June 2024 9am or 1pm
- 12th July 2024 9am or 1pm
- 30th August 2024 9am or 1pm
- 11th September2024 9am or 1pm
- 8th October 2024 9am or 1pm
- 22nd November 2024 9am or 1pm
- 4th December 2024 9am or 1pm
Warden Learning Outcomes
On the completion of the course, participants will:
Know how to respond to major incidents such as fire and bomb threats
Have an understanding of emergency preparedness
Manage their roles and responsibilities as emergency personnel
Understand how to choose a fire extinguisher to extinguish fires
Be confident in responding to emergency situations