Our Chief Warden course equips Chief Wardens and Emergency Control Organisation members (ECO) with the specialist skills and knowledge needed for emergency situations. Chief Warden training courses should be undertaken every two years.
Who should attend?
The Chief Warden course is open to members of the public over the age of 18. It is a requirement that participants have completed the FES Warden Course prior to undertaking this course. The Chief Wardens course is designed to assist you in the following emergency control and safety roles:
- Chief Wardens
- Wardens and area wardens
- Emergency officers
- Security staff
- Members of an emergency control organisation
- Communication officers
- Emergency coordinators
On completion of the course, participants will
- Have an in-depth understanding of emergency procedures
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of emergency response personnel
- Understand how to assist and engage with emergency services officers
- Know how to prepare the workplace to respond to emergency situations
- Be able to coordinate the initial response when emergencies occur
Our Chief Warden course has been designed for delivery at the FRV’s Burnley training facility, and includes both classroom and practical activities. Upon completion of the course attendees will receive a certificate of attendance.
Course Requirement: Participants must have completed the FES Warden Course prior to undertaking the Chief Warden course.
Course Duration: The Chief Warden course runs over two (2) days, 8:30am – 5pm. Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea is provided.
Our Chief Warden course is structured in accordance with Australian Standards: Planning for Emergencies in Facilities (AS 3745-2010) and Planning for Emergencies in Health Care Facilities (AS 4083-2010). Course content includes:
- Emergency response and warden’s refresher
- Building acts and regulations relating to the emergency control organisation (ECO)
- Management of the evacuation and response team
- The roles and responsibilities of Emergency Control Organisation (ECO) personnel, including the Chief Warden
- Liaising with emergency services personnel
- Identifying building essential services (including appropriate maintenance records management)
- False alarm mitigation strategies
- Emergency procedures in bomb threat management
- Strategies in emergency prevention management
- Communication systems, including emergency warning and intercommunication systems (EWIS)
- Recovery planning
Our Chief Warden courses also includes simulated activities to practice the application of emergency procedures and evacuations, supervised by experienced firefighters.
Attendees should be dressed in comfortable clothes with solid footwear. Open-toe shoes or sandals are not suitable.
Book Your Chief Warden Course
Fire Equipment Services is committed to community safety and protecting you and your assets as our highest priority. We are actively monitoring the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation, taking proactive steps and following official advice issued by the Victorian and Australian governments.
Resumption of Face-to-Face Training
FES are resuming the delivery of face-to-face training courses at client premises. Contact us today to register your interest and book your training needs.
As we return to a COVID-normal environment, there is a heavy demand for our trainers. For our existing customers who had courses delayed earlier in the year, we are prioritising your needs and giving you first opportunities for rebooking. All customers on our waiting lists should have received initial contact, but if you haven’t heard from us please contact us today – 1300 855 163.
Public Courses at the FRV Burnley Training College
The popular ‘Warden’, ‘Chief Warden’ and ‘Place of Public Entertaining Safety Officer’ courses will resume in 2021 – we do not have a specific date yet, as we finalise procedures to conduct the training in a COVID-safe way. Please contact us to register your interest, so that we can contact you when the course dates are set.
Online Course Delivery Option
To support the community through the COVID-19 pandemic, FES has established a number of warden safety courses that are delivered online. Our experienced trainers facilitate these courses using Zoom, enabling your team to participate in training from home. Contact us today to find out how we can tailor these courses to your specific needs.
Disclaimer: FES Emergency Training courses are updated regularly to reflect changes in Australian Standards, improvements in training delivery and to include feedback from our customers. Due to these changes the course delivered to you by our trainers may differ from the description on this webpage. FES Emergency Training courses will always adhere to Australian Standards and building codes, and will always provide services to you with the intention of keeping you and the community safe.